Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tank Trains, TOFC etc
Skyline User's Forum > > Activity Generator
Frascati
Is there a way of setting up a template to handle trains with the following characteristics?

1) Tank Trains - switched as a single entity ( cars are not switched individually as they are interconnected for quick loading/unloading ). consist has end cars to terminate the consist eg

TE-TT-TT-TT-TT-TT-TT-TT-TT-TS

2) TOFC cars with a single bogie where each car rests on the car in front...

3) Articulated Autoracks with a front and back to each car-pair

sgdavis
QUOTE(Frascati @ Jan 12 2008, 01:58 AM) *
Is there a way of setting up a template to handle trains with the following characteristics?

1) Tank Trains - switched as a single entity ( cars are not switched individually as they are interconnected for quick loading/unloading ). consist has end cars to terminate the consist eg

TE-TT-TT-TT-TT-TT-TT-TT-TT-TS

2) TOFC cars with a single bogie where each car rests on the car in front...

3) Articulated Autoracks with a front and back to each car-pair

I don't think it's possible to do this in Activity Generator. For something that specific it would be easiest to just write a regular "scripted" activity.

One thing you COULD do is use Activity Generator to generate the basic activity so you'd have cars in the world, paths and AI traffic set up, etc., then just modify the pick up (action) events in the generatred activity to get you what you want. You'd want to use simple mode and the number of cars to be set out in each siding should be as many as the length of the whole train so you could get an activity where you'd drop off the whole tank train.

Norm and I have created a lot of regular/scripted activities which we've posted, using this method (starting with Activity Generator to save work in generating the basic activity then changing some of the cars if necessary, and manually creating the work, to be something specific.

I hope this helps.

Thanks,

Steve
bennycdn
What worked for me with unit trains is; I generated the activity,then went into the Activity editor,found the track for my pick-ups.I then right clicked on the particular cut of cars I was to pick up,clicked on properties and then changed them by using the editor to suit the commidity I wanted to use. The consist even keeps the same number logic for you drop-off.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.