Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Starting location of act. (AGAIN)
Skyline User's Forum > > Activity Generator
Old Geaser
With a lot of help, I thought I had the starting location figured out. Wrong

Using Ohio Rail, there is 6 templates to use. Two of them have the "Select route (path)" which has 2 or more choices. This works fine for the starting location. The other 4 do not have this feature. Seems like every time I use one of these the starting point is always at Byesville, which is a long way to where the action I want is.

Using the templates that do not have the Select route path choice, is there any way to change the starting place? If not I will have to do something else. Like change to another route maybe. Thanks

Bert
sgdavis
QUOTE(Old Geaser @ Mar 16 2008, 08:40 PM) *
With a lot of help, I thought I had the starting location figured out. Wrong

Using Ohio Rail, there is 6 templates to use. Two of them have the "Select route (path)" which has 2 or more choices. This works fine for the starting location. The other 4 do not have this feature. Seems like every time I use one of these the starting point is always at Byesville, which is a long way to where the action I want is.

Using the templates that do not have the Select route path choice, is there any way to change the starting place? If not I will have to do something else. Like change to another route maybe. Thanks

Bert

Bert,

All of the Ohio Rail templates have multiple paths you can choose from. Are you using Train Store? If so, Train Store will store any paths that aren't "in use" in activities, so if you downloaded the template, generated an activity, then maybe stored the route and came back later to unstore and run the route, you will be missing most of the paths -- any that aren't used in activities you have already generated, or as the "main path" in each template.

The easiest fix is to first unstore the route, then re-install the template. Now if you go to generate activities you will see all the path choices. But this isn't a good permanent fix because once you store the route, unless you've generated activities using every possible path, you will lose the paths that were never used. This is the case for all templates, not just Ohio Rail. In fact if you are unaware of this you are likely missing out on many start points/paths for many templates you've downloaded.

This is a known issue when using Train Store and Activity Generator together, but there is a fix. You can get to a description of this issue and how to fix it, by going to our "Known Issues" page on the Skyline site, then clicking on "Train Store & Paths", or just jump directly to this at http://www.skylinecomputing.com/issue_with..._trainstore.htm

Please let me know if this resolves this issue or if you need further help.

Thanks,

Steve Davis

Old Geaser
Steve,

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! I guess I just did not read enough. Now I can really have some switching fun with your great programs. Thanks a million.

Bert biggrin.gif

QUOTE(sgdavis @ Mar 19 2008, 04:49 AM) *
Bert,

All of the Ohio Rail templates have multiple paths you can choose from. Are you using Train Store? If so, Train Store will store any paths that aren't "in use" in activities, so if you downloaded the template, generated an activity, then maybe stored the route and came back later to unstore and run the route, you will be missing most of the paths -- any that aren't used in activities you have already generated, or as the "main path" in each template.

The easiest fix is to first unstore the route, then re-install the template. Now if you go to generate activities you will see all the path choices. But this isn't a good permanent fix because once you store the route, unless you've generated activities using every possible path, you will lose the paths that were never used. This is the case for all templates, not just Ohio Rail. In fact if you are unaware of this you are likely missing out on many start points/paths for many templates you've downloaded.

This is a known issue when using Train Store and Activity Generator together, but there is a fix. You can get to a description of this issue and how to fix it, by going to our "Known Issues" page on the Skyline site, then clicking on "Train Store & Paths", or just jump directly to this at http://www.skylinecomputing.com/issue_with..._trainstore.htm

Please let me know if this resolves this issue or if you need further help.

Thanks,

Steve Davis

sgdavis
QUOTE(Old Geaser @ Mar 19 2008, 11:09 AM) *
Steve,

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! I guess I just did not read enough. Now I can really have some switching fun with your great programs. Thanks a million.

Bert biggrin.gif

Great!!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.