Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Problem with AG v4
Skyline User's Forum > > Activity Generator
FLR
Greetings,

I have recently been getting a error when using Activity Generator v4.2.0. The message "missing filexxxxxxxxxxxxxx.SRV. Contact the template maker.

I have not make any contacts since I get this message on all csv templates.

Anyone help?
Thanks,
Fred
nbeveridge
QUOTE(FLR @ Apr 13 2008, 05:22 PM) *
Greetings,

I have recently been getting a error when using Activity Generator v4.2.0. The message "missing filexxxxxxxxxxxxxx.SRV. Contact the template maker.

I have not make any contacts since I get this message on all csv templates.

Anyone help?
Thanks,
Fred

The .srv files are the services. Have you lost all your services folders from all your routes? Did the templates ever work? If so, what changed?
FLR
QUOTE(nbeveridge @ Apr 13 2008, 07:59 PM) *
The .srv files are the services. Have you lost all your services folders from all your routes? Did the templates ever work? If so, what changed?

All of my routes work and have service folders.
Yes the templetes used to work and the only that that has changed is the "missing .srv"
Thanks,
fred
sgdavis
QUOTE(FLR @ Apr 14 2008, 01:12 AM) *
Yes the templetes used to work and the only that that has changed is the "missing .srv"
Thanks,
fred

1. Do you use Train Store? If so the service file you need may have been stored. Try 'Unstore Everything.'
2. If that doesn't work download and reinstall the template.

Then (in case the problem was caused by your renaming an activity to an invalid MSTS file name, i.e. perhaps a name with spaces, or a slash or backslash or quotes etc.):

1. Try generating a new activity and keep the default name that AG4 suggests for that activity.
2. Try and run that.

Let me know if this resolves your problem.

Thanks,

Steve
FLR
QUOTE(FLR @ Apr 14 2008, 12:12 AM) *
Thanks,
fred

No, I do not use Trainstore.

I get the problem on any and all templetes that I download and use.

In the past day I have been getting a Run time error 5, so there must be something causing probems.

Thanks a lot for your time and suggestions. I may just delelete and reload and see what may happen.
Thanks again,
Fred
sgdavis
QUOTE(FLR @ Apr 15 2008, 06:50 PM) *
No, I do not use Trainstore.

I get the problem on any and all templetes that I download and use.

In the past day I have been getting a Run time error 5, so there must be something causing probems.

Thanks a lot for your time and suggestions. I may just delelete and reload and see what may happen.
Thanks again,
Fred

If worse comes to worse I can help you live on line in the evening. Let me know if you want to do that. I am in the central time zone so any time after 6 pm central is good for me. Just let me know.

Thanks,

Steve
FLR
QUOTE(sgdavis @ Apr 15 2008, 07:14 PM) *
If worse comes to worse I can help you live on line in the evening. Let me know if you want to do that. I am in the central time zone so any time after 6 pm central is good for me. Just let me know.

Thanks,

Steve

Steve,

Thanks for your offer to help. At the present I have a friend in the Hospital and have been keeping quite busy, but I hope to accept your offer.
Many thanks,
fred
sgdavis
QUOTE(FLR @ Apr 19 2008, 07:07 PM) *
Steve,

Thanks for your offer to help. At the present I have a friend in the Hospital and have been keeping quite busy, but I hope to accept your offer.
Many thanks,
fred

Sorry to hear about your friend. May God bless him with a speedy recovery. I'm going to a model railroading meet but will be back next Monday, if you still need help.

Thanks,

Steve
FLR
QUOTE(sgdavis @ Apr 21 2008, 06:09 PM) *
Sorry to hear about your friend. May God bless him with a speedy recovery. I'm going to a model railroading meet but will be back next Monday, if you still need help.

Thanks,

Steve

Hi,
Thanks for your thoughts. My friend's operation went fine and prognosis very good.

I just updated to AG 4.2.5. I have been trying to some things going for the WAG route (Addison, ) Here are the files that show up under activities folder SWLACTWAGTemplate.csv, SWLTDBWAGTemplate.csv, WAtemplate.act, & WAGtemplete.pro

Yet when I use the Activity Generator nothing at all shows up when I click "Choose activity(csv)File" I obviously missing something???

Run time 5 no longer appears

Regards,
Fred
nbeveridge
QUOTE(FLR @ Apr 23 2008, 12:15 PM) *
Hi,
Thanks for your thoughts. My friend's operation went fine and prognosis very good.

I just updated to AG 4.2.5. I have been trying to some things going for the WAG route (Addison, ) Here are the files that show up under activities folder SWLACTWAGTemplate.csv, SWLTDBWAGTemplate.csv, WAtemplate.act, & WAGtemplete.pro

Yet when I use the Activity Generator nothing at all shows up when I click "Choose activity(csv)File" I obviously missing something???

Regards,
Fred

What about other routes? Are you able to generate activities with other templates? If so, then try downloading and installing the WAG template again.
sgdavis
QUOTE(FLR @ Apr 23 2008, 01:15 PM) *
Hi,

Regards,
Fred

That should be enough. When you click "Choose Activity(csv) File" do you navigate to the \Activities folder of the route that you are trying to generate an activity for? In other words, sometimes AG might start in the wrong folder -- it starts in whatever folder you were in last. You may have to use the browse function to find the \ACTIVITIES folder in C:\Microsoft Games\Train Simulator\ROUTES\[the route you want]\ACTIVITIES.

If you can't get this going please send an email to SteveDavis@skylinecomputing.com and let me know what time in the evening, central time, we might get together and I will send you a link to a remote troubleshooting site where I can look at your computer screen while you work along with me, and see if together we can figure this out.

Thanks and sorry about the problem,

Steve Davis
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.