Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Coal Mine Turns
Skyline User's Forum > > Activity Generator
edl
Hello All,

I'm trying to get a handle on makeing turns for the NS Pokey Route. I don't seem to be able to get one that is what I was looking for. What i see in my mined is being able to take string of empties to a mine and pick up a load of full cars. Also I see a thru train bring empties, and droping of at differance yards.

When I make a turn in AGv4 I pick a yard track to start, then the mine industries tracks to switch out then back to where I started.

This seems to be the way real RR work. What am I doing wrong, or can this be done the way I invisioned it.

Thanks,

Ed Lewis (edl)
Lancaster, CA

nbeveridge
QUOTE(edl @ May 7 2008, 11:08 AM) *
Hello All,

I'm trying to get a handle on makeing turns for the NS Pokey Route. I don't seem to be able to get one that is what I was looking for. What i see in my mined is being able to take string of empties to a mine and pick up a load of full cars. Also I see a thru train bring empties, and droping of at differance yards.

When I make a turn in AGv4 I pick a yard track to start, then the mine industries tracks to switch out then back to where I started.

This seems to be the way real RR work. What am I doing wrong, or can this be done the way I invisioned it.
Thanks,

Ed Lewis (edl)
Lancaster, CA

I don't fully understand what is wrong. Pick simple mode (default), at least one track in the yard as a source, choose the "force all industry tracks selected for pickup" option, and choose a different yard track (or tracks) for the destination. Then select 99 cars for pick up and also for set out. Pick one or more coal mine tracks to service. Make sure you have enough horsepower to pull the hill. Set railcar fill to maximum. Then generate the activity. In most cases this will create quite a train.

Let me know how this works out.
edl
Hello,

Here is what I've tryed. Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment. Here is what I get.

Also here is log file. Click to view attachment What I'm I doing wrong.
I'm trying to take a load of emptys cars to a mine and bring back a load fof full cars. These car should be all coal cars.

Thanks
Ed Lewis (edl)
nbeveridge
QUOTE(edl @ May 10 2008, 02:20 PM) *
Hello,

Here is what I've tryed. Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment. Here is what I get.

Also here is log file. Click to view attachment What I'm I doing wrong.
I'm trying to take a load of emptys cars to a mine and bring back a load fof full cars. These car should be all coal cars.

Thanks
Ed Lewis (edl)

Ed,

We have a problem in our template files. I will do some checking and then see if we can get a revised template posted soon.
sgdavis
QUOTE(nbeveridge @ May 12 2008, 07:30 AM) *
Ed,

We have a problem in our template files. I will do some checking and then see if we can get a revised template posted soon.

Norm has sent me the updated/fixed template. Get it on our Templates page or directly at http://www.skylinecomputing.com/downloads/Pokey4Template.zip

Thanks,

Steve
edl
Hello All,

Thanks Norm, Steve. Now I have alot of coal to move!

Ed Lewis (edl)

nbeveridge
QUOTE(edl @ May 13 2008, 07:51 AM) *
Hello All,

Thanks Norm, Steve. Now I have alot of coal to move!

Ed Lewis (edl)

Ed,

Thanks for the feed back. Enjoy!
edl
Hello Norm, Steve,

Sorry to say but it didn't work. After making around 6 differance .acts, then when loaded into MSTS i get the "send/donot send" back to desktop.

Ed
sgdavis
QUOTE(edl @ May 14 2008, 08:06 PM) *
Hello Norm, Steve,

Sorry to say but it didn't work. After making around 6 differance .acts, then when loaded into MSTS i get the "send/donot send" back to desktop.

Ed

Did you get this error with every one of the 6 activities, or, did ou get some activities that worked and some that caused this error?

One thing to be careful with is naming the activities you generate. If you don't use the default name that Activity Generator comes up with, then make sure not to use spaces, slashes, apostrophes or quote marks in the activity name -- MSTS doesn't like these. So you could use Coal_Turn or CoalTurn but not Coal Turn as a name.

Thanks,

Steve
nbeveridge
QUOTE(edl @ May 14 2008, 07:06 PM) *
Hello Norm, Steve,

Ed

If AG completed generation of the activity to the point where you saved a file and saw the workorder, then something else is wrong. Perhaps Steve's comment about naming the activity is the solution?
edl
Hello,

Yes It happens with all .acts that AG4 made turns or thru trains. I did not rename them, just left then the default.
MSTS loads I pick the AG4 .acts then I get the "send/do not send" I ran other .acts that I have "Moving Coal" and all ran fine.

So it is mystery to me. When I get home tonight I will remove all referance to this template and reload it.

Thanks,

Ed
jrmeindl
QUOTE(edl @ May 15 2008, 08:56 AM) *
Hello,

Yes It happens with all .acts that AG4 made turns or thru trains. I did not rename them, just left then the default.
MSTS loads I pick the AG4 .acts then I get the "send/do not send" I ran other .acts that I have "Moving Coal" and all ran fine.

So it is mystery to me. When I get home tonight I will remove all referance to this template and reload it.

Thanks,

Ed

Just a thought, you might want to look at the amount the rail car fill is set at. The Pokey route is pretty intense with scenery etc. that Train Simulator might be loading too many items in one tile etc. I had a similar issue with Cajon Pass in some of the more intense areas with many siding and too many different objects (Rolling Stock) loading in the area that I was starting in. I would try setting the car fill a bit lower for a few trys.

Jim
edl
Hi Norm, Steve, and All,

The Pokey is back in the coal hauling bussnes! I did a search and destroy mission and found some old .acts stuff hiding.

Thanks for all your work.

Ed Lewis (edl)
Lancaster, CA
sgdavis
QUOTE(edl @ May 16 2008, 11:25 PM) *
Hi Norm, Steve, and All,

The Pokey is back in the coal hauling bussnes! I did a search and destroy mission and found some old .acts stuff hiding.

Thanks for all your work.

Ed Lewis (edl)
Lancaster, CA

Wonderful! THANKS for the follow-up, I was REALLY puzzled by this one!

Best,

Steve
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.