Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Activity Generator Rolling Stock
Skyline User's Forum > > Activity Generator
FLR
Does the AG use just the engines and rolling stock that one has in the MSTS folder. It couldn't possible generate stock not in the MSTS folder could it?
Fred
nbeveridge
QUOTE(FLR @ Jun 1 2008, 07:10 PM) *
Does the AG use just the engines and rolling stock that one has in the MSTS folder. It couldn't possible generate stock not in the MSTS folder could it?
Fred

Actually, AG uses rolling stock which are designated by the template activity file. If rolling stock files are called for by the template activity but these files are not located in the TRAINSET folder within the MSTS folder, AG will still generate an activity, but MSTS will choke when you try to start that activity.
FLR
QUOTE(nbeveridge @ Jun 2 2008, 06:22 AM) *
Actually, AG uses rolling stock which are designated by the template activity file. If rolling stock files are called for by the template activity but these files are not located in the TRAINSET folder within the MSTS folder, AG will still generate an activity, but MSTS will choke when you try to start that activity.

Thank you. I could not figure what was happening. I was under the impression that AG just created a activity using what ever rolling stock I had. I appreciate your time and answer.
Fred
FLR
QUOTE(FLR @ Jun 2 2008, 08:09 AM) *
Thank you. I could not figure what was happening. I was under the impression that AG just created a activity using what ever rolling stock I had. I appreciate your time and answer.
Fred

A quick question. Could I then take the activity generated and substitue my own rolling stock?
Fred
highdesertdave2
QUOTE(FLR @ Jun 2 2008, 07:15 AM) *
A quick question. Could I then take the activity generated and substitue my own rolling stock?
Fred

Do you have AM. You can change out everything you want with whatever you have with it. Great tool.
nbeveridge
QUOTE(FLR @ Jun 2 2008, 08:15 AM) *
Fred

RECOMMENDED: As suggested by highdesertdave, you can use AM to modify an activity which has been generated by AG.

NOT RECOMMENDED, AND IF YOU DO THIS ALL BETS ARE OFF: Or, if you are really careful and know all the files to modify, you can substitute your own stock into the activity template itself using AM for most of the work. After that, each activity will use your own rolling stock, and would not require further customization via AM. But if you mess up the files, you will have quite a mess, and may not be able to fix it.
FLR
QUOTE(nbeveridge @ Jun 2 2008, 04:53 PM) *
RECOMMENDED: As suggested by highdesertdave, you can use AM to modify an activity which has been generated by AG.

NOT RECOMMENDED, AND IF YOU DO THIS ALL BETS ARE OFF: Or, if you are really careful and know all the files to modify, you can substitute your own stock into the activity template itself using AM for most of the work. After that, each activity will use your own rolling stock, and would not require further customization via AM. But if you mess up the files, you will have quite a mess, and may not be able to fix it.

Thanks to everyone for your suggestions. If it wasn't for all of you I would have no idea what to do.
Regards,
Fred
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.