Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Signal lights have disappeared.
Skyline User's Forum > > Activity Generator
Old Geaser
Not sure what happened. I made a act using Switchlist Generator for Ohio Rail in the Swik area. As far as I remember there is 4 signals. They have all disappeared from sight. The F4 Track monitor still shows the red at all 4 locations. I was able to get permission a couple times, but now am stuck at the red.

I raised the sliders to my normal max and have the box's set to my normal high. I never have had a signal disappear before using SLG. Is this possible, or would it be something with the route? I do not know if this is why I cannot get by the red or what. Stuck at the red.

Bert
sgdavis
QUOTE(Old Geaser @ Jun 29 2008, 01:06 PM) *
Not sure what happened. I made a act using Switchlist Generator for Ohio Rail in the Swik area. As far as I remember there is 4 signals. They have all disappeared from sight. The F4 Track monitor still shows the red at all 4 locations. I was able to get permission a couple times, but now am stuck at the red.

I raised the sliders to my normal max and have the box's set to my normal high. I never have had a signal disappear before using SLG. Is this possible, or would it be something with the route? I do not know if this is why I cannot get by the red or what. Stuck at the red.

Bert

I've never heard of this happening. Do you have the scenery upgrade or just the freeware route? There were some differences in signals between the two routes.

Try 'Explore a Route' and explore the same area and see if the signals are ok. Also try running another activity that is in the same area but not created by AG. If the signals are gone no matter what, it could be a corrupt sigscr.dat file. Send me a PM letting me know which version of Ohio Rail you have. If it is the latest (payware/upgrade version) I will send you the sigscr.dat file. If not, then I don't have the file and I would suggest re-installing the route.

Thanks and sorry,

Steve
Old Geaser
Steve,

I tried a Swik activity from Ohio Rail and the 4 signals that I was looking for are also missing. The track monitor shows red light.

The OR act started up by the mine and did have 2 signals. I will get on the OR forum and ask if the 4 down town are missing. I have not been up by the mine yet in my act yet. I bet they are there also.

Thanks Bert

QUOTE(sgdavis @ Jun 29 2008, 05:19 PM) *
I've never heard of this happening. Do you have the scenery upgrade or just the freeware route? There were some differences in signals between the two routes.

Try 'Explore a Route' and explore the same area and see if the signals are ok. Also try running another activity that is in the same area but not created by AG. If the signals are gone no matter what, it could be a corrupt sigscr.dat file. Send me a PM letting me know which version of Ohio Rail you have. If it is the latest (payware/upgrade version) I will send you the sigscr.dat file. If not, then I don't have the file and I would suggest re-installing the route.

Thanks and sorry,

Steve

sgdavis
QUOTE(Old Geaser @ Jun 29 2008, 08:49 PM) *
Steve,

I tried a Swik activity from Ohio Rail and the 4 signals that I was looking for are also missing. The track monitor shows red light.

The OR act started up by the mine and did have 2 signals. I will get on the OR forum and ask if the 4 down town are missing. I have not been up by the mine yet in my act yet. I bet they are there also.

Thanks Bert

Is there no signal at all or just a signal displaying dark (no color/aspect)? I ask because there is a known issue where if you use up too many "lights" in MSTS, some of the signal lights won't display. I think this may have been corrected with MSTS Bin, not sure.

Thanks,

Steve
charliechan
Good Morning:

This is a copy of a post that I left over at Ohio Valley System. It explains that I used Activity Generator to convert the signals to permissive before the route update. The backup file was used after the upgrade to restore the signals.

"Good Morning:

I had the same problem, what I found out was that I used Activity Generator to turn the signals off, and when I tried to change them back, Activity Generator copied the old sigscr.dat file from the former Bodiddly folder. When you use Activity Generator to convert the signals, it copies the sigscr.dat to sigscr.sbk as a backup and then when you restore the signals it renames the sigscr.sbk back to sigscr.dat.

Drove me crazy until I figured it out.

Hope this helps.

Chandler"

sgdavis
QUOTE(charliechan @ Jul 1 2008, 04:51 PM) *
Good Morning:

This is a copy of a post that I left over at Ohio Valley System. It explains that I used Activity Generator to convert the signals to permissive before the route update. The backup file was used after the upgrade to restore the signals.

"Good Morning:

I had the same problem, what I found out was that I used Activity Generator to turn the signals off, and when I tried to change them back, Activity Generator copied the old sigscr.dat file from the former Bodiddly folder. When you use Activity Generator to convert the signals, it copies the sigscr.dat to sigscr.sbk as a backup and then when you restore the signals it renames the sigscr.sbk back to sigscr.dat.

Drove me crazy until I figured it out.

Hope this helps.

Chandler"

Good advice. This usually won't be a problem but bears some discussion. If you convert signals in a route to permissive, then upgrade or change that route w/o converting back, then, when you "restore" the signals the program will recover the old signal script from the previous version of the route since AG saves that. My advice: if you are going to upgrade a route and the signal script might change, first restore the signals to default. Next delete the sigscr.sbk file in the \Archive folder for that route. Then this won't happen. Thanks for bringing this out, it is a side effect I hadn't thought of!
Old Geaser
Well I finally figured out what was my problem with the signal lights. I am using Ohio upgrade. They removed several signals on sidings etc. when they made the upgrade.

I reinstalled the original build 10 and the upgrade over the existing route. Now every thing works fine. The route now has the signal posts without the lights and no control in track monitor. For some reason my copy of the route showed the upgrade posts ok, but was still using the controls for the signals in track monitor from the original build 10. The reinstall cleared every thing up. Thanks

Bert laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
sgdavis
QUOTE(Old Geaser @ Jul 8 2008, 12:09 AM) *
Well I finally figured out what was my problem with the signal lights. I am using Ohio upgrade. They removed several signals on sidings etc. when they made the upgrade.

I reinstalled the original build 10 and the upgrade over the existing route. Now every thing works fine. The route now has the signal posts without the lights and no control in track monitor. For some reason my copy of the route showed the upgrade posts ok, but was still using the controls for the signals in track monitor from the original build 10. The reinstall cleared every thing up. Thanks

Bert laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Great, thanks for figuring this out, thanks!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.