Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The POTASH route
Skyline User's Forum > > Templates
dgionet
Hi to all,

I have decided to work on a template for the route. For those who know the route, it is a 35-mile branch route leaving the UP mainline in Crescent ,UT and goes to the township of Moab (or Potash). It will be one of the smallest templates with only six sidings and only two types of cars to be serviced in the area, tankers and hoppers. Despite the one track branch line, there will be traffic on the main and also along the Branch line. In reality, The Potash local runs only once every week. So, the traffic will be composed of a UP speedster running between crescent and Potash. Downloads will be limited to only seven.

I will post later as I start working on it.
dgionet
I have just finished my first AG generated activity and looks good. Just wanted to share some screenshots of the act.

Here is also a link included in the route's readme file which will give you a good insight of UP's Potash local, including 33 photos ( 2pages) and description.

http://www.drgw.net/trips/report.php?fa=1&tr=MOA1

Meeting a WB for Salt Lake City while preparing to take some cars for delivery at Crescent

Meeting a speedster inside the Potash route

Out from the one mile+ Bootlegger tunnel

Closing in Potash, its final destination

Enjoy smile.gif
dgionet
The template package has been sent to Steve for uploading. The finished product has only five (5) downloads needed, including a hyrail car that, in real life, occasionnally runs along the branch line during track maintenance. but for playability reasons, it will act as AI traffic along the branch. More to read in the readme file.

here are some additional pictures took during testing

Enjoy,

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.