Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Activity Manager
Skyline User's Forum > > Activity Generator
AT RR
Steve or Anyone,
I have been working on a template for the Buffalo Route Beta, Everything was working fine, I generated over 25+ activities, with no problems car placement, etc.

The other night I updated the route to Beta 2. Most of the changes the route developer made was the addtion of signals. I ran route riter and found no errors and the explore mode and a test path work great with no problems.

When I generate a Activity everything in AG worked Ok until I go to run the Activity. I get the folowing error on the screen "failed to intialize activity manager". I have tried to run the Activity using train store and normal mode.
Is there any thing I can look for in any of the activity files that may cause this error?

Happy New Year.

Peter
sgdavis
QUOTE(AT RR @ Jan 7 2009, 07:26 AM) *
Steve or Anyone,
I have been working on a template for the Buffalo Route Beta, Everything was working fine, I generated over 25+ activities, with no problems car placement, etc.

The other night I updated the route to Beta 2. Most of the changes the route developer made was the addtion of signals. I ran route riter and found no errors and the explore mode and a test path work great with no problems.

When I generate a Activity everything in AG worked Ok until I go to run the Activity. I get the folowing error on the screen "failed to intialize activity manager". I have tried to run the Activity using train store and normal mode.
Is there any thing I can look for in any of the activity files that may cause this error?

Happy New Year.

Peter

Peter,

I have seen that before, it is usually a matter of a header not matching in the .act file. Is the template activity itself from the old version, or the new version? If the version numbers internal to the route don't match, this can occur.

Otherwise if you want to send me your template I'll try and troubleshoot it, but I won't be able to get to it until this weekend.

Thanks,

Steve
AT RR
Steve,
Thank you for responding. In answer to your question: Yes it was a template that was made for the initial Beta for the route, this is Beta 2. What should I look for? or should I start from scratch using all my wag placements and generate new events for them?

If you can give me a hint of what I should be looking for I would like to work this through, its a good learning tool for me.

If all else fails I will send you the files.

Peter
nbeveridge
Steve or Anyone,

Peter

Interesting that you get no errors. I have heard from other users that R-R generates about a dozen or so unresolvable errors for the Beta 2 version.
AT RR
Norman,
Let me clarify no errors. RR does find some errors that are correctable, most of them are object shape files missing, these were the same files that problems in the origional Beta which to correct the problems you just had to manualy copy the shape files in the folder for some reason these files were copied in to the RR back up folder. They were shape files for some of the Semi-trailer trucks used.
So when I stated there were no errors this was on the second run through with RR on the Beta2 and every thing came up clean.

Thanks,
Peter
jrmeindl
Steve or Anyone,

Happy New Year.

Peter

Peter,

You might want to try cutting back the car fill parameters. I had this issue with Cajon Pass. With all the sidings, AG was placing too many cars for the activity to start based on my system.

Jim

AT RR
Jim,
Thank you for the idea, I tried setting the world filler slider to no fill but with the same results.

What I found was when the route had the signals added one signal added right at the upper exit from the mill complex. As a result over 25 of the sidings locations had their id numbers shifted resulting in a corrupt event table. I took the origional ACT and went back and reset every event matching the seed car consist numbers with the correct siding id number.

I think I have everything working and have generated several switch lists getting the correct cars in the train and correct cars in the industries with only a problem with one. This problem was with one large path that touched all 5 regions and MS gave me the old "send/ don't send" high sign. Have to recheck the path.

Another item I found was this route has slow frame rates around the large yard areas, as it turns out the track texture fiile used was 1,413KB I changed the file to another file that looks just as great and is only 265KB. What a great change in frame rates. I then used these files on other routes and places where there were problems around large yards and the speed loss was minimized.

Peter
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.