Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Adding Engines
Skyline User's Forum > > Activity Master
Old Geaser
I have found using the new Bin file, (I believe it is 1,7) that when using a single engine, the front coupling problem is now a problem with the rear coupling. I hate going thru the problem of trying to disconnect cars. What I always do when the developer has one engine is install a 2nd engine using Activity Master, then flip directions. Never have a problem disconnecting cars with 2 engines.

The problem is some times the developer has only the one engine on the right side and no engines in the left locals avaible side.

I cannot find a way to add engines in the left box, or add a engine on the right box. I have studied the manual with out finding this.

If it is possible to add engines in the left column, could some one tell me how, or point out where to find how to do it in the manual. Thanks

Bert wink.gif
jrmeindl
QUOTE(Old Geaser @ May 19 2009, 12:13 PM) *
I have found using the new Bin file, (I believe it is 1,7) that when using a single engine, the front coupling problem is now a problem with the rear coupling. I hate going thru the problem of trying to disconnect cars. What I always do when the developer has one engine is install a 2nd engine using Activity Master, then flip directions. Never have a problem disconnecting cars with 2 engines.

The problem is some times the developer has only the one engine on the right side and no engines in the left locals avaible side.

I cannot find a way to add engines in the left box, or add a engine on the right box. I have studied the manual with out finding this.

If it is possible to add engines in the left column, could some one tell me how, or point out where to find how to do it in the manual. Thanks

Bert wink.gif

I haven't run into any coupler issues, but I am using version 1.8.052113 of MSTS Bin. I have also attached a link from Train-Sim that contains a few ideas and a file that you can download that might help with the Sticky Coupler problem.

http://forums.flightsim.com/vbts/showthread.php?t=266406

Now for the engines in Activity Master, all the engines that are available, on your hard drive, should show up in the left section after you choose "Choose Player Locomotives" unless you have them stored using Train Store. You should be able to double click them or use the arrow keys to move them over to the right side for selection.

Jim
Old Geaser
Jim,

I am embarrassed again, my problem has been as you mentioned. Unstore . Naturally if the act only has 1 eng, showing and the route is not unstored, it will not show any other engines.

I have not installed 1.8 yet. I remember when it came out, I saw several comments about having trouble with it. I may give it a try, and will install the download. Thanks a lot.

Bert wacko.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.