Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Can't print some activity briefs/workorders
Skyline User's Forum > > Activity Master
TacomaSailor
The following message (in a different form) was posted at Trainsim.com but received no responses:

Several activity creators have spoiled me with their .txt files that contain all the work orders. I thought it would be a simple thing to create such a document for myself for those activities that don't provide printed work orders.

BUT... as is often the case in the MSTS world the simple is not so easy to achieve.

I tried to use ActivityMaster 1.5.9 but when I press the "Print Work Order and Briefing" button on the Modify Activity, Print Work Order, Breifing screen I get the message:

"Subscript out of range occurred in function cmdWorkOrder processing file: "

-OR-
"Invalid procedure call or argument occurred in function cmdWorkOrder processing file: "

In about 70% of activities I can print the work order/brief and some of those work orders are quite complex, e.g ScenicSub Sp8.act. I can print work orders/briefs for most of the activities in my standard TrainSim folder and for all of the Bernina mini-route activities.

I can modify the activities and I can print the list of rolling stock - even for the activities where I can not print the brief. I use Activity Master quite a bit and have not had other problems with it.

One of the two errors shown above occurs in many activities, but mainly in those routes for which I have loaded a lot of complex activities (Whitefish 9) or PRR (lots of services). I don’t seem to get the “subscript out of range” error in Willamette Pass, Scenic Sub, Cajon pass (Freeware) activities even thought they also have complex activities.

In PRR (a mini-route) I created a very simple activity with ONE service, no AI, no traffic, no work order and when I try to print that activity I get the subscript out of range message. The activity runs fine when I play in in PRR.

The Activity Master debug text shows no errors but it does not show a complete load of all services. In the case of the Whitefish 9 route the debug.txt file ends with:

Reading: E:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Train Simulator\TRAINS\TRAINSET\wvlateCab_gn\wvlateCab_gn.wag

calling GleanKey: WagonShape ( wvlateCab_gn.s )

Reading Activity File: E:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Train Simulator\ROUTES\Whitefish9_RR\ACTIVITIES\Athol-Sandpoint by old RR grade.act

Reading Service File: E:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Train Simulator\ROUTES\Whitefish9_RR\SERVICES\Athol-Sandpoint by old RR grade.srv

Reading Player Consist File: E:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Train Simulator\TRAINS\CONSISTS\dash9.con

In the case of any PRR activity the debug.txt file ends with:

Reading Service File: E:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Train Simulator-PRR\routes\PRR EAST REG\SERVICES\SP40.srv

Reading Consist File: E:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Train Simulator-PRR\TRAINS\CONSISTS\SP40.con

Reading Service File: E:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Train Simulator-PRR\routes\PRR EAST REG\SERVICES\SP41.srv

Reading Service File: E:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Train Simulator-PRR\routes\PRR EAST REG\SERVICES\SP42.srv

???? Are there any suggestions for getting Activity Master to work???
sgdavis
QUOTE(TacomaSailor @ May 19 2009, 08:43 PM) *
The following message (in a different form) was posted at Trainsim.com but received no responses:

Several activity creators have spoiled me with their .txt files that contain all the work orders. I thought it would be a simple thing to create such a document for myself for those activities that don't provide printed work orders.

BUT... as is often the case in the MSTS world the simple is not so easy to achieve.

I tried to use ActivityMaster 1.5.9 but when I press the "Print Work Order and Briefing" button on the Modify Activity, Print Work Order, Breifing screen I get the message:

"Subscript out of range occurred in function cmdWorkOrder processing file: "

-OR-
"Invalid procedure call or argument occurred in function cmdWorkOrder processing file: "

In about 70% of activities I can print the work order/brief and some of those work orders are quite complex, e.g ScenicSub Sp8.act. I can print work orders/briefs for most of the activities in my standard TrainSim folder and for all of the Bernina mini-route activities.

I can modify the activities and I can print the list of rolling stock - even for the activities where I can not print the brief. I use Activity Master quite a bit and have not had other problems with it.

One of the two errors shown above occurs in many activities, but mainly in those routes for which I have loaded a lot of complex activities (Whitefish 9) or PRR (lots of services). I don't seem to get the "subscript out of range" error in Willamette Pass, Scenic Sub, Cajon pass (Freeware) activities even thought they also have complex activities.

In PRR (a mini-route) I created a very simple activity with ONE service, no AI, no traffic, no work order and when I try to print that activity I get the subscript out of range message. The activity runs fine when I play in in PRR.

The Activity Master debug text shows no errors but it does not show a complete load of all services. In the case of the Whitefish 9 route the debug.txt file ends with:

Reading: E:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Train Simulator\TRAINS\TRAINSET\wvlateCab_gn\wvlateCab_gn.wag

calling GleanKey: WagonShape ( wvlateCab_gn.s )

Reading Activity File: E:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Train Simulator\ROUTES\Whitefish9_RR\ACTIVITIES\Athol-Sandpoint by old RR grade.act

Reading Service File: E:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Train Simulator\ROUTES\Whitefish9_RR\SERVICES\Athol-Sandpoint by old RR grade.srv

Reading Player Consist File: E:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Train Simulator\TRAINS\CONSISTS\dash9.con

In the case of any PRR activity the debug.txt file ends with:

Reading Service File: E:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Train Simulator-PRR\routes\PRR EAST REG\SERVICES\SP40.srv

Reading Consist File: E:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Train Simulator-PRR\TRAINS\CONSISTS\SP40.con

Reading Service File: E:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Train Simulator-PRR\routes\PRR EAST REG\SERVICES\SP41.srv

Reading Service File: E:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Train Simulator-PRR\routes\PRR EAST REG\SERVICES\SP42.srv

???? Are there any suggestions for getting Activity Master to work???

Apparently there is something in some activity work orders, most likely in the briefing, that AM is balking at. If you will give me an example of an activity I can download and check this on, I'll try and figure this out.

Thanks,

Steve
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.