Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Increasing variety of rolling stock?
Skyline User's Forum > > Activity Generator
ddedicos
I have enjoyed using AG on several of my routes, but this is my first post to the forums. My question is, can the amount of rolling stock available for activity creation be increased for more variety? In other words, if a route template is created to use, say, 10 box cars, can that number be increased to 15 or 20 to allow for more variety in activities? How could this be accomplished? Thanx for any help on the subject!
Doug
sgdavis
QUOTE(ddedicos @ Aug 21 2009, 08:30 PM) *
I have enjoyed using AG on several of my routes, but this is my first post to the forums. My question is, can the amount of rolling stock available for activity creation be increased for more variety? In other words, if a route template is created to use, say, 10 box cars, can that number be increased to 15 or 20 to allow for more variety in activities? How could this be accomplished? Thanx for any help on the subject!
Doug

Yes, it can. There are 2 ways to do it. The easiest way is by using our companion product, ActivityMaster, to change out the rolling stock in the template for rolling stock you prefer. But you can also do this using other tools, some free, such as ConBuilder or RouteRiter. You could even edit the activity using the Activity Editor included with MSTS, though that can be more tedious.

The trick, regardless of the tool you use, is to replace cars in the template activity with cars of the same type. So if the template has three different box cars used in many places, you can replace instances of those with box cars of your choosing, but only box cars, or, Activity Generator will put, say, a covered hopper car at a siding that should receive a box car.

It is not important how many of the cars you change out. Let's say you want to see some Norfolk & Western box cars and all the template has are Southern Pacific and ATSF. Find any one of the ATSF box cars in the activity template, and change it out for a NW box car. When AG randomly populates the "world" with box cars as needed when generating an activity, it will be just as likely to choose a NW car as an ATSF or SP car.

Thanks,

Steve
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.