Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Springfield Terminal '60's issue
Skyline User's Forum > > Activity Generator
harryadkins
When running the Springfield Terminal Railway '60's route template from Mineral to Junction, I get an error message that a "Type A" car is needed and there is none in the .CSV file. I retried the process several times with no better results. I even went back and reinstalled the template. There were a couple of issues with mismatched folder names for the GP9's and some rolling stock, but I renamed the folders to match the template. Has anyone else had this issue?
dgionet
Hello Harry,

Among your sidings to be worked, would the Springfield Junction South Main or North Main be among them?

Usually in the TDBCSV file, the "A" designates that all cars are being called for or shipped out from, cars which are indicated in the CTP file. Normally an "A" with no other character in the CARTYPEWANTED or CARTYPESHIPPED column will select any type indicated in the CTP file.

I have noticed that for both sidings referred to (and they are the only ones for this issue), it has been found that the inscription "A" is being added by another type of car as seen in the screenshot of parts of the TDBCSV file including the referred sidings..

I am not sure of this being the source of the problem but it seems to suggest that the "A" character added with another car type loses its attribute of selecting any type of car and is being coinsidered a car type itself when added to another like shown here.

I am sure Norm or Steve will have their say in finding the problem
nbeveridge
QUOTE(harryadkins @ Sep 10 2009, 11:52 AM) *
When running the Springfield Terminal Railway '60's route template from Mineral to Junction, I get an error message that a "Type A" car is needed and there is none in the .CSV file. I retried the process several times with no better results. I even went back and reinstalled the template. There were a couple of issues with mismatched folder names for the GP9's and some rolling stock, but I renamed the folders to match the template. Has anyone else had this issue?

Do you have the latest version of AG?

When we tested this template, this error did not show up. Several activities were tested using the north and south main tracks at Springfield Junction, which are mentioned in Denis' post. In fact, the activity which was posted to the train-sim file library starts at those locations. No such error showed up in testing that activity, nor any other.

But we will get to the bottom of this error.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.