Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: L&HR
Skyline User's Forum > > Templates
smokeytc
Hi - problem with L&HR ver. 3- using payware engs. from B&LW both east and west templates give message (after making act and loading) on startup during "setting up simulation" -
"Failed to open shape file -
routes\L&HR\Shapes|ames|Train Simulator"
then -
'No extended shape data for ames\TrainSimulator"
don't know what the "ames" refers to and have redownloaded route and installed it and redowloaded template file and relinstalled it too
What else can I do? Anybody heard of the "ames" file??

Also problem with L&HR 1940 - got the route and the template update to ver 1.03 and it gets to the "load" screen and all options are blacked out. (Same thing that happened to me with the CN Bala sub, and I found out there was to be a new template). However, I have the new template for the 1940 route... Please help
Ted
nbeveridge
QUOTE(smokeytc @ Nov 25 2009, 02:04 PM) *
Hi - problem with L&HR ver. 3- using payware engs. from B&LW both east and west templates give message (after making act and loading) on startup during "setting up simulation" -
"Failed to open shape file -
routes\L&HR\Shapes|ames|Train Simulator"
then -
'No extended shape data for ames\TrainSimulator"
don't know what the "ames" refers to and have redownloaded route and installed it and redowloaded template file and relinstalled it too
What else can I do? Anybody heard of the "ames" file??
Also problem with L&HR 1940 - got the route and the template update to ver 1.03 and it gets to the "load" screen and all options are blacked out. (Same thing that happened to me with the CN Bala sub, and I found out there was to be a new template). However, I have the new template for the 1940 route... Please help
Ted

The shape file error is associated with the payware files. Perhaps the payware download was corrupted. Have you tried to reinstall the payware files?

Also, unfortunately (or fortunately?) there are many versions of the L&HR, and we need to be careful to use the corresponding template -- many of them are NOT cross compatible. Even the 1940 L&HR route is in 4 versions!?!!
smokeytc
Hi Norm - Uninstalled all 1940 Lhr, and started again. Installed 1940_LHR.exe route and 1940LHR4.exe patch which brings it to version 1.03 (or as you called it "version 4"). This produced a route folder called L&HR_1940.
I then installed your Template LHR1940Teemplate.zip which created a route folder called "LHR_1940 (without the "&").
Now If I combine the 2 folders which name do I use to create an activity, so MSTS recognizes it and loads it? I had no trouble before in making the acts, just that MSTS wouldn't play them. Got to "Load" screen and quit.

Thanks
Ted
also reinstalled the BLW stock and realized I didnt have the patches. Got them.
nbeveridge
QUOTE(smokeytc @ Nov 27 2009, 10:45 AM) *
Hi Norm - Uninstalled all 1940 Lhr, and started again. Installed 1940_LHR.exe route and 1940LHR4.exe patch which brings it to version 1.03 (or as you called it "version 4"). This produced a route folder called L&HR_1940.
I then installed your Template LHR1940Teemplate.zip which created a route folder called "LHR_1940 (without the "&").
Now If I combine the 2 folders which name do I use to create an activity, so MSTS recognizes it and loads it? I had no trouble before in making the acts, just that MSTS wouldn't play them. Got to "Load" screen and quit.

Thanks
Ted
also reinstalled the BLW stock and realized I didnt have the patches. Got them.

Thanks for pointing this out!

The template folder should be the same as the route folder, i.e. L&HR_1940. I probably made a mistake when I sent the files to Steve. I will check and get it fixed.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.