Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wupper Express 11
Skyline User's Forum > > Activity Generator
dsweiner
Created a Westbound activity starting in Dortmund. It created setouts in Schwelm with pickups for those setouts in W-Langerfeld which comes after Schwelm. Did I do something wrong or did AG do something wrong.

I just tried to upload the Activity file and got this message(Upload failed. You are not permitted to upload this type of file). uploaded the WORKORDER and that went fine.

Thanks,

David angry.gif
dgionet
Hi David,

I see to the attached documents sent to me that you seem to have selected the option which allow pickups and setouts within the same region. Since both locations, that is Schwelm and W-Langerfeld are inside the same region (W-Langerfeld), AG simply selected work, not taking into consideration the location of one compared with the other. Even if Schwelm is East of W-Langerfeld, this is why you are seeing such result for the WB activity.

If today, I had to redo the templates, each location would have its own region. That would end up probably doubling the number of required regions and it would be more precise in selecting the order of sequence of each region within a defined path. That would avoid such occurence. But at the time of creation of WP11 templates, experience was limited and was beyond my plans at the time. it was a massive task for me at the time of its creation.

If you know some regions have more than a city or area, I would not recommend using this feature and, in addition, also rely on the 2 system maps to help determine the locations of the areas to work within themselves. In this way, you will be able to know the exact sequence to follow, AG may display it differently since it probably displays sidings of one same regions in an alphabetical (or numerical) order.

Hope this helps

Denis
dsweiner
QUOTE(dgionet @ Dec 2 2009, 07:14 PM) *
Hi David,

I see to the attached documents sent to me that you seem to have selected the option which allow pickups and setouts within the same region. Since both locations, that is Schwelm and W-Langerfeld are inside the same region (W-Langerfeld), AG simply selected work, not taking into consideration the location of one compared with the other. Even if Schwelm is East of W-Langerfeld, this is why you are seeing such result for the WB activity.

If today, I had to redo the templates, each location would have its own region. That would end up probably doubling the number of required regions and it would be more precise in selecting the order of sequence of each region within a defined path. That would avoid such occurence. But at the time of creation of WP11 templates, experience was limited and was beyond my plans at the time. it was a massive task for me at the time of its creation.

If you know some regions have more than a city or area, I would not recommend using this feature and, in addition, also rely on the 2 system maps to help determine the locations of the areas to work within themselves. In this way, you will be able to know the exact sequence to follow, AG may display it differently since it probably displays sidings of one same regions in an alphabetical (or numerical) order.

Hope this helps

Denis

Thanks Denis.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.