Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: AI traffic
Skyline User's Forum > > Activity Generator
bettyboop
Respectfully request a fix that will manage the AI and redlights bettter. AI traffic makes the activities soooo much better -
but I have to exit the route and change settings to get through redlights and then go back in and then go back out to change them back to normal and then go back in - Surely there must be a more pleasant experience with your wonderful program.

Is there a patch or update for this situation ?

I had a cornfield meet when I went with redlights on stop and go --- ouch !!

PLease don't take this as an insult - I really REALLY like your program - but this one improvement would make a vast difference in the pleasure of using your generator. I would be willing to contribute $ to a fund to pay for the improvement.
I'm sure there are others who would like to see this happen too. PLease forgive if there were other posts dealing with this as I did not see them.

Thanks BB
nbeveridge
QUOTE(bettyboop @ Dec 12 2009, 12:47 PM) *
Respectfully request a fix that will manage the AI and redlights bettter. AI traffic makes the activities soooo much better -
but I have to exit the route and change settings to get through redlights and then go back in and then go back out to change them back to normal and then go back in - Surely there must be a more pleasant experience with your wonderful program.

PLease don't take this as an insult - I really REALLY like your program - but this one improvement would make a vast difference in the pleasure of using your generator. I would be willing to contribute $ to a fund to pay for the improvement.
I'm sure there are others who would like to see this happen too. PLease forgive if there were other posts dealing with this as I did not see them.

Thanks BB

The problem is with MSTS and the route, not with AG. The ability of AG to modify the track switches to manual and signals to permissive is a work around against the way MSTS handles signals and AI dispatcher controlled track switches. I do not believe that there is anything that can be modified in AG to improve the situation.
sgdavis

Thanks BB

What Norm says below is true. Most templates are designed so that the AI traffic won't interfere with what your running, but it is not always possible. Some templates are better than others, and some routes are better than others. Also a lot depends on the order in which you complete your work and how you go about it. My suggestion: try another route with a different template, see if it works better for you.

And who knows maybe MSTS Bin will one day improve AI traffic intelligence and the signalling system. I wish AG could do it but AG just generates activities, it doesn't break into the MSTS program and change it.

Thanks,

Steve
sgdavis

Thanks BB

I've also found it can really help to have a map of the route handy when generating activities, so that you don't need to cross over to the other track, or work facing-point switches where there's no runaround nearby, etc. If you are on a double track main line, avoid picking work that requires you to cross over to the other track, or do runaround moves against the signals/traffic. That should help. Wish there was a better dispatcher!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.