Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Unit Train
Skyline User's Forum > > Activity Generator
Gary
Good evening,

I would like to create an activity that entails the movement of a unit coal train to a point that simulates a crew change point. I can readily create the unit train consist. Is it possible to have the activity end when the train stops at a specific location specified by choosing from the list provided in the Optional...final destination? The choices for "Activity Ending" include "Last Pickup/Setout," "Reach 20 mph," and "Assemble Train." The only choice that might do it is the first, but I believe that setting out means uncoupling the train. Perhaps this is how it will have to be handled.

Thanks for any help on this.

Gary
jrmeindl
QUOTE(Gary @ Dec 13 2009, 07:16 PM) *
Good evening,

I would like to create an activity that entails the movement of a unit coal train to a point that simulates a crew change point. I can readily create the unit train consist. Is it possible to have the activity end when the train stops at a specific location specified by choosing from the list provided in the Optional...final destination? The choices for "Activity Ending" include "Last Pickup/Setout," "Reach 20 mph," and "Assemble Train." The only choice that might do it is the first, but I believe that setting out means uncoupling the train. Perhaps this is how it will have to be handled.

Thanks for any help on this.

Gary

You can choose 'Last Pickup/Setout' to create an activity to end that way. You just have to choose a siding in the yard that will accomodate the train. Also, a track in the yard might have to be setup to receive Coal Cars or whatever unit train you plan to run to ensure that AG does not add some random cars. I set up the template for Raton Pass 3 that way. The track csv file might have to be edited so certain tracks ask for a specific car. I have also edited the activity file after it was generated with AG at time to tweak it into something that I like.

Jim
Gary
QUOTE(jrmeindl @ Dec 15 2009, 05:10 PM) *
You can choose 'Last Pickup/Setout' to create an activity to end that way. You just have to choose a siding in the yard that will accomodate the train. Also, a track in the yard might have to be setup to receive Coal Cars or whatever unit train you plan to run to ensure that AG does not add some random cars. I set up the template for Raton Pass 3 that way. The track csv file might have to be edited so certain tracks ask for a specific car. I have also edited the activity file after it was generated with AG at time to tweak it into something that I like.

Jim

Thanks for the insight. This should do it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.