Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: clarification of the L&HR templates.
Skyline User's Forum > > Activity Generator
Glenn
I need to ask a question (S) on the Lehigh and Hudson river route templates. Which versions are being talked about on the template down load page?
I would like a template for the L&HR but not the 1940's route. There is a few version showing. Versions 1.1, 1.2 and 1.4 and then below the next template V2 with default rolling stock and eastern period then below that is the template for version 3.
Which template is suitable for the route that is in the trains-sims file section.

Thanks,

Glenn
nbeveridge
QUOTE(Glenn @ Feb 12 2010, 04:37 PM) *
I need to ask a question (S) on the Lehigh and Hudson river route templates. Which versions are being talked about on the template down load page?
I would like a template for the L&HR but not the 1940's route. There is a few version showing. Versions 1.1, 1.2 and 1.4 and then below the next template V2 with default rolling stock and eastern period then below that is the template for version 3.
Which template is suitable for the route that is in the trains-sims file section.

Thanks,

Glenn

The latest version (released last week) of the route is v.4 ('60's era). I am working on this template, but it is not yet ready for testing, and certainly not for release.

I have not searched the trainsim file library recently for L&HR routes, but last time I did (maybe six months ago) all of the versions were there. I have considered deleting all but the most recent templates, but we have some users who still prefer the older versions of the route, i.e. before Richard Shirey (the route author) converted from the prototype signalling system to the current CTC signals. Consequently, I have not withdrawn any of the templates.
Glenn
QUOTE(nbeveridge @ Feb 12 2010, 05:01 PM) *
The latest version (released last week) of the route is v.4 ('60's era). I am working on this template, but it is not yet ready for testing, and certainly not for release.

I have not searched the trainsim file library recently for L&HR routes, but last time I did (maybe six months ago) all of the versions were there. I have considered deleting all but the most recent templates, but we have some users who still prefer the older versions of the route, i.e. before Richard Shirey (the route author) converted from the prototype signalling system to the current CTC signals. Consequently, I have not withdrawn any of the templates.

I am going back and picking up both version 3(which is in 6 downloaded files) and version 4. I am more into the 1960-1970's era's. Norm I have to admit that the D&H bridge line update to AG4 works great.
I hope that you dont mind me asking but I did notice that your location show Texas. I am in Nolanville outside of Fort Hood.

Thanks,
Glenn
nbeveridge
QUOTE(Glenn @ Feb 12 2010, 05:24 PM) *
I am going back and picking up both version 3(which is in 6 downloaded files) and version 4. I am more into the 1960-1970's era's. Norm I have to admit that the D&H bridge line update to AG4 works great.
I hope that you dont mind me asking but I did notice that your location show Texas. I am in Nolanville outside of Fort Hood.

Thanks,
Glenn

Glenn,

Military? Or just a concidence that you are near the Fort Hood facility?

I am glad that you enjoy the D&H template. I very much enjoyed updating it!
Glenn
The ARMY put me here in 1990. I got out and ever since been working on Fort Hood as a civilian.
I am enjoying the L&HR version 4 with simple activity I made up.
One the Version4 templates you are testing what rolling stock downloads are you using?

Thanks,

Glenn
nbeveridge
QUOTE(Glenn @ Feb 13 2010, 02:14 PM) *
The ARMY put me here in 1990. I got out and ever since been working on Fort Hood as a civilian.
I am enjoying the L&HR version 4 with simple activity I made up.
One the Version4 templates you are testing what rolling stock downloads are you using?

Thanks,

Glenn

Glenn,

The rolling stock will mostly be the same as LHR3. If you already have that stock, you are pretty much set.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.