Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: exiting activity causes ctd
Skyline User's Forum > > Activity Generator
ditchlight
I recently installed Monon2 v9 and installed the current template which is for v8, I believe. I generated a test activity and had no trouble running it but when I exit, it causes a CTD. This only happens with this one activity (not the ones that came with the route) so I'm guessing that it is a conflict with the template. Has anyone ever experienced this with any other route. The only real consequence is that I can't check to see if I missed any drops/pickups but it bugs me when I can't figure out what's causing the problem.

Doug
sgdavis
QUOTE(ditchlight @ Nov 7 2010, 06:08 PM) *
I recently installed Monon2 v9 and installed the current template which is for v8, I believe. I generated a test activity and had no trouble running it but when I exit, it causes a CTD. This only happens with this one activity (not the ones that came with the route) so I'm guessing that it is a conflict with the template. Has anyone ever experienced this with any other route. The only real consequence is that I can't check to see if I missed any drops/pickups but it bugs me when I can't figure out what's causing the problem.

Doug

Sorry nobody responded. Did you ever get this resolved? What version of Windows are you running?
nbeveridge
QUOTE(ditchlight @ Nov 7 2010, 06:08 PM) *

Doug

This seems to happen with certain large routes (Monon is one) and the problem is related to memory usage. The large routes can overwhelm Windows, yes, even with the bin patch installed. Sometimes trying to save an activity, not even exit, will CTD for a large route. It is more frequent, of course, on machines with less RAM. I know of no fix since it is a memory vs. MSTS problem.

But maybe in your case something different is happening???
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.