Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Back again error with AG
Skyline User's Forum > > Activity Generator
prr4ever
Trying to generate an activity for Pokey west. AG allows me to set up an activity but when I go to generate the activity I receive an error message "Template calls for car type CL but no car of that type is in SWLACT csv file. contact template author, unable to create activity." Now. I have checked the template with ConBuilder, including loose consists etc. Nothing is missing. As to a csv file, I do not find one anywhere.

AM will not open, giving me the input past end of file when loading error so I can not check the consists in AM or give the rolling stock names if they are missing. Everything is "unstored". Poeky east template works fine.

Dave
jrmeindl
QUOTE(prr4ever @ Dec 15 2010, 10:03 AM) *
Trying to generate an activity for Pokey west. AG allows me to set up an activity but when I go to generate the activity I receive an error message "Template calls for car type CL but no car of that type is in SWLACT csv file. contact template author, unable to create activity." Now. I have checked the template with ConBuilder, including loose consists etc. Nothing is missing. As to a csv file, I do not find one anywhere.

AM will not open, giving me the input past end of file when loading error so I can not check the consists in AM or give the rolling stock names if they are missing. Everything is "unstored". Poeky east template works fine.

Dave

The error is reporting there are no cars in the SWLACT*.csv have a designatior 'CL' tied to them. I just downloaded this template again to take a look. There are cars with the 'CL' designation, so I'm thinking your file might be corrupted. I would try installing a fresh copy of it again and then try creating another activity.

Jim
sgdavis
QUOTE(prr4ever @ Dec 15 2010, 10:03 AM) *

Dave

You should have the CSV file, which is the file that comes with the template, in the "ACTIVITIES" folder for this route. If not, try downloading and re-installing the template.

Thanks,

Steve Davis
prr4ever
After some days of research and trial and error I have found what works for me with AG and Win 7. Although not an ideal "fix" it is a work around I can live with easily. First. to not have to cope with the Program File folders always defualting to read only, I installed AG directly on the C:\ drive and not in a program folder.

Second set up AG to allow admin rights and to have read only turned off.

This has allowed me to now create activities for my routes for which I have templates installed. However, there is a catch here. After creating some activities (2-5 for me) I will again get the error that a certain car (take a pick) can not be found and can create no more activities.

My work around for this is to unzip the template again and overwrite the activity files located in the route folder with those from the template (In other words, reinstall the activities portion of the template). This allows me to again create activities for a while untill the error again appears.

Apparently "something" is corrupting the template from time to time.

To make it more simple I just created an extra folder on the c drive that holds the unzipped activity templates. Easy to copy/paste in a jiffy that way.

It is important to note that MSTS must NOT be read only. If MSTS is in the Progam Fles (x86)\ then it will always default to read only unless certain steps are followed.

I will "try" to attach a link here to lead to a method to set up MSTS to eliminate read only in the program file folder. This thread can be found on Train-simdotcom. If you already have MSTS installed I would simply skip to the part describing how to set MSTS to not default to read only. Worked fine for me.

http://forums.trainsim.com/vbts/showthread...light=win7+read

Should work if you cut/paste that link. Rather complex but well explained. I give great credit to the author.

Dave
jrmeindl
QUOTE(prr4ever @ Jan 6 2011, 12:55 PM) *
After some days of research and trial and error I have found what works for me with AG and Win 7. Although not an ideal "fix" it is a work around I can live with easily. First. to not have to cope with the Program File folders always defualting to read only, I installed AG directly on the C:\ drive and not in a program folder.

Second set up AG to allow admin rights and to have read only turned off.

This has allowed me to now create activities for my routes for which I have templates installed. However, there is a catch here. After creating some activities (2-5 for me) I will again get the error that a certain car (take a pick) can not be found and can create no more activities.

My work around for this is to unzip the template again and overwrite the activity files located in the route folder with those from the template (In other words, reinstall the activities portion of the template). This allows me to again create activities for a while untill the error again appears.

Apparently "something" is corrupting the template from time to time.

To make it more simple I just created an extra folder on the c drive that holds the unzipped activity templates. Easy to copy/paste in a jiffy that way.

It is important to note that MSTS must NOT be read only. If MSTS is in the Progam Fles (x86)\ then it will always default to read only unless certain steps are followed.

I will "try" to attach a link here to lead to a method to set up MSTS to eliminate read only in the program file folder. This thread can be found on Train-simdotcom. If you already have MSTS installed I would simply skip to the part describing how to set MSTS to not default to read only. Worked fine for me.

http://forums.trainsim.com/vbts/showthread...light=win7+read

Should work if you cut/paste that link. Rather complex but well explained. I give great credit to the author.

Dave

I just think that tutorial, while being well written, is a bit too much work. I would definitely recommend anyone installing Train Simulator, Activity Generator or Activity Master to install it outside of the Program Files folder, whether it is on the C:\ drive or any other drive on one's computer that has Vista or Windows 7 as the operating system. It is much easier and you do not have to navigate so many steps.

You can also move the install if you can spend a little bit time. Just copy your install to a safe location, un-install TS and re-install it to a new folder of your choice outside the Program Files folder. Then just copy your previous install over to the new location. That's all I have done the past three times I moved to a newer computer.

Jim
prr4ever
Yes, that tutorial is rather complex. I just used part of it. If I was doing a new install of MSTS I would put it outside of the protected folders. In my case I have over 70 gigs of MSTS on here and do not feel I want to remove and reinstall it. Even copying over most of the folders is a bear. Anyway, putting AG and AM outside of the protected folder works for me. Musch easier than moving MSTS.

Dave
nbeveridge
QUOTE(prr4ever @ Jan 11 2011, 06:57 PM) *
Yes, that tutorial is rather complex. I just used part of it. If I was doing a new install of MSTS I would put it outside of the protected folders. In my case I have over 70 gigs of MSTS on here and do not feel I want to remove and reinstall it. Even copying over most of the folders is a bear. Anyway, putting AG and AM outside of the protected folder works for me. Musch easier than moving MSTS.

Dave

Maybe I misunderstand what you are saying, but I think you missed what Jim was saying in the previous post. You would not remove your 70GB of MSTS stuff, just move it to a safe location, then uninstall MSTS and reinstall MSTS to a location outside the Program Files folder as stated. After the install, simply move the 70 GB of stuff to the new location. I have slimmed down my "working" set to just under 250 GB of stuff, and have moved my installation this way several times, just like Jim.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.