Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Monon-2 Template Problems
Skyline User's Forum > > Activity Generator
Justin65
Hello everyone! I am a new user of Activity Generator and the program has been running well and without problems until I downloaded the Monon-2 Template from here. Upon opening the file, I only saw .act files and no .csv files. No problem, I thought, and went ahead to create .csv files from those through the generator. Once I chose to generate a .csv file, I got a message saying that 1086 of 1087 cars were not found with matching "pick up car" events. I also ran the template activity file through RouteRiter and saw a lot of rolling stock missing despite the template description saying that all rolling stock was included (on that note, there was no rolling stock included in the download, but I just thought that meant the rolling stock that came with the route).

Again, I decided to not worry and went on to create a track .csv file which worked fine. I then tried to open my newly created and got the Error Input past end of file message. So, after this long-winded explanation, I would like to know what version of the Monon-2 route the template was written for and if I have done anything wrong in trying to create a template. Personally, I'm not sure what's wrong as I've looked through the manual and have all of my MSTS files outside of the Program Files x86 folder.

Thank you for any help you can offer as the Monon-2 Route looks to be an excellent route and Activity Generator is a great program from what I've seen of it so far.
jrmeindl
QUOTE(Justin65 @ Jan 4 2011, 11:30 AM) *
Hello everyone! I am a new user of Activity Generator and the program has been running well and without problems until I downloaded the Monon-2 Template from here. Upon opening the file, I only saw .act files and no .csv files. No problem, I thought, and went ahead to create .csv files from those through the generator. Once I chose to generate a .csv file, I got a message saying that 1086 of 1087 cars were not found with matching "pick up car" events. I also ran the template activity file through RouteRiter and saw a lot of rolling stock missing despite the template description saying that all rolling stock was included (on that note, there was no rolling stock included in the download, but I just thought that meant the rolling stock that came with the route).

Again, I decided to not worry and went on to create a track .csv file which worked fine. I then tried to open my newly created and got the Error Input past end of file message. So, after this long-winded explanation, I would like to know what version of the Monon-2 route the template was written for and if I have done anything wrong in trying to create a template. Personally, I'm not sure what's wrong as I've looked through the manual and have all of my MSTS files outside of the Program Files x86 folder.

Thank you for any help you can offer as the Monon-2 Route looks to be an excellent route and Activity Generator is a great program from what I've seen of it so far.

There was an error after the template was corrected. The remaining files were inadvertantly left out of the modified file. We'll have to check with Steve to see if he still has the original file so the two can be merged. I just sent another message to Steve regarding this.

Jim
Justin65
QUOTE(jrmeindl @ Jan 4 2011, 03:36 PM) *
There was an error after the template was corrected. The remaining files were inadvertantly left out of the modified file. We'll have to check with Steve to see if he still has the original file so the two can be merged. I just sent another message to Steve regarding this.

Jim

Thanks! I started thinking something was wrong with the download when I just found activity files, but I wanted to try everything else first to see if I could get it to work.
xpdingo
QUOTE(Justin65 @ Jan 4 2011, 11:30 AM) *

Check your PM
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.