Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: AG4 and Open Office
Skyline User's Forum > > Activity Generator
Mel
Hello Everyone,

Back Ground:I bought a new computer (Hewlet-Packard HPE-210y, AMD Phenom™II X4 945 Processor 3.00 GHz with 8.00 GB of RAM, 64 BIT Windows 7 Operating System). To avoid the expense of purchasing Windows Office, I opt to install Open Office. I installed MSTS according to how the "Steam4Me" website suggested for Windows 7 Operating System. So, I do not have my MSTS installed in the "Programs" folder but rather directly under the "C" Drive as "1MSTS". I also did the same when installing AG4 being that I installed it as well directly into it's own folder under the "C" Drive.

When I start AG4 and use the tinplate for the Full Bucket Route, I receive a message that AG4 cannot find the .con file for the westbound or eastbound tinplate and to contact the tinplate creater. I have looked in the MSTS folder for this route which shows these files as being there.

Here is the link to the Steam4Me website on installing MSTS using Windows 7:
http://msts.steam4me.net/tutorials/installing_msts_w7.html

My question is: Am I experiencing this due to my using Open Office instead of Microsoft Word and thus AG4 does not recognize Open Office Format?

Sounds confusing I know so if you need more information please let me know.

Thank You in advance to all who respond. Your help is greatly appreciated.

Mel

jrmeindl
QUOTE(Mel @ Feb 10 2011, 11:05 AM) *
When I start AG4 and use the tinplate for the Full Bucket Route, I receive a message that AG4 cannot find the .con file for the westbound or eastbound tinplate and to contact the tinplate creater. I have looked in the MSTS folder for this route which shows these files as being there.

Mel,

Make sure that the *.con files are in the \trains\consists folder of the main install for MSTS. If they reside in the actual FBL route folder, AG and MSTS will not be able to locate them.

Jim
nbeveridge
QUOTE(Mel @ Feb 10 2011, 11:05 AM) *
Hello Everyone,

My question is: Am I experiencing this due to my using Open Office instead of Microsoft Word and thus AG4 does not recognize Open Office Format?

Sounds confusing I know so if you need more information please let me know.

Thank You in advance to all who respond. Your help is greatly appreciated.

Mel

I am pretty sure that Open Office is not the culprit. I use Open Office and have no issues like what you describe. But -- and this is the one reason that I am only pretty sure and not absolutely positive -- I am using Windows XP, not Windows 7.
sgdavis
QUOTE(nbeveridge @ Feb 10 2011, 03:58 PM) *
I am pretty sure that Open Office is not the culprit. I use Open Office and have no issues like what you describe. But -- and this is the one reason that I am only pretty sure and not absolutely positive -- I am using Windows XP, not Windows 7.

Open Office is not a problem, it creates .csv files the same as MS Excel, the activity template files are CSV files. And you don't need any sort of Office, MS or Open Office, to RUN the templates, just to create them.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.