Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Soo2 template?
Skyline User's Forum > > Activity Generator
Shawmut
Cross-posted on Trainsim; please pardon the duplication.

I just installed the new (2/17/2011) "Soo2SB" activity that Norm Beveridge uploaded to the Trainsim f/l for Dr. Ian Allen's Soo v.1.1 route. Only problem is that loading the activity causes an error message about failing to load the Activity generator ... and then crashes.

Now, in the blurb on the activity download Norm states that you also have to download the Soo template from Skyline computing and install the files in the download (basically extra templates, paths, services, traffic, and consist files) in the appropriate folders of your Soo route. Well, I did so, and these template files load fine. In fact the route also loads fine in explore mode using the paths from the faulty activity. But the act won't load to save its soul.

However, I think I have a clue about this; Norm, I hope you can confirm. The activity's files are all called "SOO2" whereas the files that come with the template are simply "SOO" ... no "2" at the end. And the activity briefing states "This activity is a modified version of SOO2SBTemplate, created by Skyline Computing's 'Activity Generator'." But the template available for download isn't "SOO2" ... it's just "SOO". This is what I think is the problem. This seems to also corroborate the error message you get when loading the act in the activity editor: "An action event in this Activity refers to a deleted or invalid siding."

Is there a version 2 of the Soo template somewhere? I can't find it, but may have overlooked it.

Any suggestions would be gratefully received, as I want to run that activity! rolleyes.gif

Regards,

Dave
xpdingo
QUOTE(Shawmut @ Feb 19 2011, 07:12 PM) *

I just installed the new (2/17/2011) "Soo2SB" activity that Norm Beveridge uploaded to the Trainsim f/l for Dr. Ian Allen's Soo v.1.1 route. Only problem is that loading the activity causes an error message about failing to load the Activity generator ... and then crashes.

Now, in the blurb on the activity download Norm states that you also have to download the Soo template from Skyline computing and install the files in the download (basically extra templates, paths, services, traffic, and consist files) in the appropriate folders of your Soo route. Well, I did so, and these template files load fine. In fact the route also loads fine in explore mode using the paths from the faulty activity. But the act won't load to save its soul.

However, I think I have a clue about this; Norm, I hope you can confirm. The activity's files are all called "SOO2" whereas the files that come with the template are simply "SOO" ... no "2" at the end. And the activity briefing states "This activity is a modified version of SOO2SBTemplate, created by Skyline Computing's 'Activity Generator'." But the template available for download isn't "SOO2" ... it's just "SOO". This is what I think is the problem. This seems to also corroborate the error message you get when loading the act in the activity editor: "An action event in this Activity refers to a deleted or invalid siding."

Is there a version 2 of the Soo template somewhere? I can't find it, but may have overlooked it.

Any suggestions would be gratefully received, as I want to run that activity! rolleyes.gif

Regards,

Dave

Norm has sent the upgrade for the route to Steve. Once posted and you install it the activity will work.
Shawmut
QUOTE(xpdingo @ Feb 19 2011, 08:20 PM) *
Norm has sent the upgrade for the route to Steve. Once posted and you install it the activity will work.

Okay, thanks for your response that clears the mystery. Looking forward to the upgrade.

Regards,

Dave
sgdavis
QUOTE(Shawmut @ Feb 19 2011, 08:22 PM) *
Okay, thanks for your response that clears the mystery. Looking forward to the upgrade.

Regards,

Dave

This has now been posted. Please see our templates page for the Template and the Route Update.

Thanks,

Steve
nbeveridge
QUOTE(Shawmut @ Feb 19 2011, 07:12 PM) *

Regards,

Dave

Dave,

Sorry for the slow response. Pete answered correctly. Yes, there is a disconnect with the nomenclature here, but as he says, the route update will permit the activity to work.

I started to call it SOO2, but decided later to just have it be an update to 1.1. My fault for the confusion.
Shawmut
QUOTE(nbeveridge @ Feb 20 2011, 10:52 PM) *
Dave,

Sorry for the slow response. Pete answered correctly. Yes, there is a disconnect with the nomenclature here, but as he says, the route update will permit the activity to work.

I started to call it SOO2, but decided later to just have it be an update to 1.1. My fault for the confusion.

Dear Steve & Norm,

Thank you both for your quick responses. I just *love* working locals on the Soo route; one of the best imho. I'm just about done with the IDYSaTrn activity; now I can continue with this new act!

Again, thanks to you both of you gentlemen.

Best regards,

Dave
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.