Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Canton Template (complete route)
Skyline User's Forum > > Templates
dgionet
Hi to all,

Steve has authorized me to work out a template upgrade to AG4 following purchase of the complete route network a few months ago. Thanks Steve for your permission to proceed ahead! So far I have put all the necessary markers on about 170 sidings and have done the WB, EB, and YARDS Templates. I have yet to work out a LOCALS Template. I have already started testing what has been done so far. The YARDS template will deal with switching and some work close to the city yards. For example, in Canton, you will be able to work between Canton and Graham, both areas close to the Canton Yards. The LOCALS Template will work between the city yards and some more remote areas like between Grove City and the Ft-Gridley area with return trips.

Some shots:
At Prudence (EB)

Elwood furniture (YARDS)

Watts Lumber (YARDS)

Arriving at the Canton Yards to set out the cars picked up at Graham (YARDS)

More to come later
dgionet
Hi to all,

Continuing working on the templates and have done also the LOCALS template with return trips. Already testing the template. I will give later details on the expected package and contents. The first picture is from the YARDS template and the remaining are from the LOCALS from Grove City to Jeremiah.

The order: Pickup at the GC Local yard, some work around two sidings at Ft.Gridley and some work at the scrap Yard at Jeremiah. It took almost two hours to reach the return stage after the work at the Bieszak scrap yard. Some complex moves at Jeremiah were done to make the turnaround for the return trip and putting the caboose at the end of the consist. Some final work is expected later at the GC Textile Mills before setting the final cut at the GC local yard.

Enjoy the shots

Will update later
dgionet
Hello to all,

I will be sending later tonight the completed package to Steve.

Although testing hasn't been as extensive as with the latest templates, I believe it is ready to be uploaded in the templates page. There are four templates (EB, WB, YARDS and LOCALS) and about 170 serviceable sidings. AI traffic is present, some for meets but most are present for eye candy. There are only 40 feet freight cars used in the package, which includes six (6) additional downloads to complete the basic files for the route. Two of the downloads include a caboose for each of the two running railroads inside the route, the Canton and the Family Lines Central (FLC) railroads. For the FLC line, I have used a SCL cab, which is part of the Family Lines System.

I may not have as much time and energy these days with the templates as I will be in the process of moving to a new location in three months, maybe two. Things may be slower for a while but will eventually bounce back later. I will still keep monitoring the Sim Community for new routes, stock and maybe, will jump in with new template projects. Time will tell

Here's the image expected to see in the templates page

Be on the lookout for the Canton set on the templates page.

sgdavis
This has now been posted - get it on our Templates page or directly at http://www.skylinecomputing.com/downloads/...%20Template.zip

I have removed the old templates to eliminate confusion.

Thanks Denis!

--Steve
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.