Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: AI traffic on Lehigh & Hudson River 4
Skyline User's Forum > > Templates
AT RR
Hi everyone,
I have been trying to run this route but have been running into a stand off situation with the AI traffic and have yet been able to finish a work order.

The AI traffic is a great add on to the route but the problem I am seeing is the route has signals at interlocking and passing sidings but it also has block signals along long single track areas.

These single track block signals is the area where I get the stand off situations.

The question is: is there a way to change the AI path so the trains only stop at interlocking and passing sidings? Or can the signal file be modified so the AI trains do not look at the block signal as an interlocking signal?

I know I can run the route without AI traffic but this makes for a very barren railroad.

I'm asking these questions as all of the templates I developed for the Jersey City route did not have AI traffic so I don't know the first thing about this subject.

Peter
LehighNorthern
Peter,

Here is an excerpt from one of the docs included with the 1940 version of the route:

SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS

Speed signs are located on the right of track and indicate maximum speed in mile per hour.

YARD LIMITS

Indicated by Yard Limit boards at the following points:

Maybrook
Warwick
Franklin
Sparta Jct.
Andover Jct.

TRAIN MOVEMENTS

1. Eastward trains are superior to westward trains of the same class.
2. Double tracks are in service between Mansfield Street and “G” Tower. The normal position of the switch at Mansfield Street is for the Eastward track.
3. Absolute-permissive automatic block signals are in use between “G” tower and Maybrook.

Notice under Train Movements above, #3. In an APA system, different than a CTC system, a train, except at Absolute signal (those at passing sidings), a train may stop and then proceed and then the signals between passing sidings just help space trains out, keeping a free block between those traveling in the same direction. In opposing directions you should not be allowed to pass the red signal at a passing siding, you need to wait till the opposing train passes.

Paul
bennycdn
There were a few little updates that did fix some signaling issues.
AT RR
QUOTE(bennycdn @ Dec 4 2011, 03:49 PM) *
There were a few little updates that did fix some signaling issues.

Thank for your input.

What are the updates, I think I have all the fixes, this is not the 1940 version but the 1960 version of the route. I understand and have read all he read me docs and how they work but it still is a problem when the AI dispatcher lets an east bound AI train enter a block that is no passing track and lets a west bound go against the same block.

Peter
AT RR
Still no joy!!
Just spent 2 hrs going from Port Morris with work at Warwick eastbound and then I WAS going to go on to Maybrook. The trip to Warwick was uneventful and passed many west bound AI trains.
When I stopped and started my work at Warwick the east end signal went yellow and then red due to an approaching west bound. I cleared up into the yard and waited for the train to pass.
No luck the west bound came up the yard switch and stopped, the reason for the stop is the switch was set for the yard as I had been drilling the yard from the east end and there was no way for me to normal the switch.

This blocked the end of the yard and prevented me from finishing the activity.

Why did the AI train normal the switch and continue on its westward trip?

This is realy frustrating as I have yet to finish any activities due to the AI trains.

Does any one run any of these these routes befor they release the templates as this is not the first route I have had this problem?

I like the interaction of the AI trains, but it should be said if you are going to stop for work don't run the AI trains.

This goes back to my origional question is there a way to adjust the settings on the AI trains so they will run thru and reset a turn out that redirects them off of thier path?

If not why have AI traffic at all unless all you want to do is run from point A to point B because it makes it almost imposable to switch it?

Peter
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.