Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cajon Pass 4.1
Skyline User's Forum > > Templates
jrmeindl
Hello to all:

I have quietly been working on an update for Cajon to bring the template up to version 4.1. Currently, I have 3 of the 4 templates complete. With the exception of the UP mainline, all the paths were still good from version 4 and easily made to work with the newest version. I am using all the stock requirements from the last version, V4, in this template with one or two additional car sets only to add variety or fill the new type industries. Given that I only get about an hour a day, I should have this completed within the next few weeks.

Jim
jrmeindl
Hello to all:

On Monday I will be sending the template for Cajon 4.1 to Steve. I must apologize for the delay. Unfortunately, I have been doing quite a bit of traveling and other family issues have come up that have kept me quite busy. I also ran quite a few activities on the UP portion of the route for testing purposes. The single track makes it quite a challenge with traffic. With that said, you should see it when Steve has the time to post it.

Jim
bandorr2000
Outstanding. Thank you
ImCanadian
Guess that we have to wait for Steve to upload your template in the file library here. I can wait till Steve find time to post the template for download.

Happy Easter to all.

Thank you,

John
bandorr2000
It is now in the Templates section
ImCanadian
Had a problem with one template. I am not sure if anyone else have the same experience that I have. Anyway here is below:

Service CP41_EBTemplateTFCUPTraffic6, path "CP41_EBTemplateTFC9", setup after load failed. 4 times

Service CP41_EBTemplateTFCUPTraffic7, path "CP41_EBTemplateTFC9", setup after load failed. 3 times

Service CP41_EBTemplateTFCUPTraffic8, path "CP41_EBTemplateTFC9", setup after load failed. 3 times

That happened when I start up the program of Train Simulator and chose the route with this activity, CP_Eastbound_UPTemplate. Then the program of Train Simulator crashed because of the errors. Also I did check with Activity Editor in Microsoft Train Simulator Editors and Tools program with this template. Got 10 times before the program crashed too. So I can't repair the paths for this template.

Thank you,

John blink.gif dry.gif
jrmeindl
You must download the Cajon 4.1 update for this template to work. The file is cp4ie-1.zip. If you don't, none of the paths that are on the UP trackage will work and you will get errors. This includes both player and traffic paths. Everything past Silverwood and onward to Mojave is new UP trackage.

Jim
ImCanadian
OK the file that I got from the file library at trainsim is an exe file. It's cp4ie-1.zip So tell me what else with other files that I should download?

Thank you again,

John
ImCanadian
I am NOT going to download any more of Cajon Pass route because I am not sure which is the right file for the templates to work together? If you don't mind to tell me the exact name of zip file from the file library of trainsim to download then I will download and install them then install your templates afterwards with consists too. The reason why I am asking you for the right zip file is that I did download the zip file of cp4ie-1.zip. Still NOT working with your templates and the program of Train Simulator crash because of errors.

Thank you again,

John
andyb
There is also the file cp4ie-2.zip to download as well - this updates the route to version 4.1.
smokeytc
Hi Jim.. I made 2 activities - 1 Eastbound and 1 UP eastbound. Gave me a - Switchlist, Consist file, Services file for both, but NO Act file. Can't start it . Have cp-1 and -2 upgrades installed, and all the downloads.
??????
Ted
jrmeindl
QUOTE(andyb @ Apr 15 2012, 04:22 AM) *
There is also the file cp4ie-2.zip to download as well - this updates the route to version 4.1.

My mistake, it should have been cp4ie-2.zip. Also, make sure you go down the list of cars in the readme file. They are all listed with the file name, folder used and where they came from. If you don't want to download all the files, they can be changed out with one of the utility programs that can perform such tasks. If there still is trouble, I will need to know which template package you are using. There were three differnt ones included in the zip file. The read me file is attached.

Jim
jrmeindl
QUOTE(smokeytc @ Apr 15 2012, 11:23 AM) *
Hi Jim.. I made 2 activities - 1 Eastbound and 1 UP eastbound. Gave me a - Switchlist, Consist file, Services file for both, but NO Act file. Can't start it . Have cp-1 and -2 upgrades installed, and all the downloads.
??????
Ted

Not sure what the problem would be at this time. In order to test, I will need to know which template package you installed. There were three in that zip file. Once I have that, I can install the package and see if I can duplicate your issue.

Jim
ImCanadian
It's fixed now and will try to run the route with your template.

Thank you,

John smile.gif smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.