Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: ATSF Waynoka Sub
Skyline User's Forum > > Templates
qr4000
Hi,
I've just downloaded the ATSF Waynoka route developed by Bob Wirth. Just wondering if there's any moves afoot to look at a template for this great piece of work please?
Cheers
Damo from Downunder
jrmeindl
Not sure if anyone started this one, but I have been working on one the past week. There will be quite a few sidings to switch. I don't have a final number yet, but there were over 700 track markers.

Jim
jrmeindl
Work was pretty busy the past few months so I didn't get too much time to work on this template. I had to take some time to review my notes and get back up to speed on this one again. There are 414 switchable sidings on this route. There are a few areas that will keep a person pretty busy switching for hours. I'm currently working on marking the sidings for car types. The route is pretty much a grain train paradise with many grain elevators to switch.

Jim
bandorr2000
Looking forward to this one. Thanks
bandorr2000
How's the Waynoka template coming?
jrmeindl
I'm moving along on it, just not as fast as I would like. I get roughly about an hour a day to work on it. I've divided it into 4 templates, 2 for mainline running and 2 for switching. I'm currently testing the mainline Westbound template. I've been making adjustments and writing operational notes as I go along. The first few activities that I created didn't run too well due to adding too many cars to the sidings. The route has about 400 sidings from end to end. The editing now consists of removing some of the sidings from the template to only the ones that will be used and the ones that will be seen. The activity that I'm currently running has been going good.

Jim
bandorr2000
Thanks for the reply. Not getting impatient, was hoping it was still being worked on. I can wait.
ideaman
Good day Jim. I know you are quite busy, but I was wondering how the Waynoke template is coming along. There have been no updates in five months. Just a note when you can spare the time. Thank you for making it. Greg.
jrmeindl
QUOTE(ideaman @ Jun 27 2013, 04:13 PM) *
Good day Jim. I know you are quite busy, but I was wondering how the Waynoke template is coming along. There have been no updates in five months. Just a note when you can spare the time. Thank you for making it. Greg.

Greg,

The template is finally complete. I needed to make few changes in the rolling stock due to some of them not being available anymore. I should have it complete and packaged this coming week.

Jim
ideaman
Thank you for your reply. Looking forward for it. Thanks for your time to produce the template. Greg.
jrmeindl
The template has been sent to Steve for posting.

Jim
bandorr2000
Now in the Templates section - THANK YOU
bandorr2000
One of the files called for is railbox1.zip, which is found at Train-Sim.com. This zip is put into the MSTS folder as railbox1, but the template is calling it out as railbox. Note, there is a railbox.zip at Train-Sim.com. Apparently the railbox1 got renamed somewhere. I did dump the contents of railbox1 into the railbox folder, but this should probably be corrected.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.