Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: External Views In Templates -- Question For Jim Meindl
Skyline User's Forum > > Templates
xxmikexx
Jim,

I'm new to MSTS but learning quickly ...

In your AG4 template for the default Marias Pass route you somehow managed to extend the range of motion of the 2-key and 3-key external views. How can I confer this blessing on other routes? (I don't think it's related to the flying yardcam issue, I've already researched that one to death.)

thx,
Mike McCarthy

P.S. Thanks for making that template and so many others. AG4 is what got me involved with MSTS. Otherwise I'd still be using TrainPlayer/TrackLayer smile.gif for shunting/switching, which is my main interest.
jrmeindl
Mike,

Glad you are enjoying all the templates.

I don't recall adding anything extra for any extended views for #2 or #3. If you have MSTS Bin installed, you can take advantage of the extended view for those two views by using Ctr-Shift-9. Switch to view #2 or #3 and then use the key combination I listed. That will give you an extended view.

Jim
xxmikexx
QUOTE(jrmeindl @ Aug 18 2012, 03:48 PM) *
Mike,

Glad you are enjoying all the templates.

I don't recall adding anything extra for any extended views for #2 or #3. If you have MSTS Bin installed, you can take advantage of the extended view for those two views by using Ctr-Shift-9. Switch to view #2 or #3 and then use the key combination I listed. That will give you an extended view.

Jim

I have BIN 1.8.x installed but Ctl+Shf+9 doesn't do anything. I'll track down an older version to test the feature there, and I'll rtfm. Thanks for the lead.
xxmikexx
QUOTE(xxmikexx @ Aug 18 2012, 04:29 PM) *
I have BIN 1.8.x installed but Ctl+Shf+9 doesn't do anything. I'll track down an older version to test the feature there, and I'll rtfm. Thanks for the lead.

Update for the benefit of future readers of this thread ...

Jim was more right than he knew. It turns out that things weren't working for me because when I earlier tried Jim's suggestion I had been running a copy of a backup that somehow happened not have BIN installed. When I reinstalled BIN to a virgin updated MSTS as a clean test case, the 2-key/3-key long camera zoom feature began working automatically. It wasn't even necessary to do Ctl+Shf+9 to wake up the feature.

Thanks, Jim!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.