Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: BNSF Seligman Vers 2.0 Template
Skyline User's Forum > > Templates
qr4000
Gidday
I've noted there is a template for Seligman Version 2 which I'm pretty sure is for the ATSF version. Don't s'pose there's any BNSF vers 2 template in the wings at all?

I tried bodgying the ATSF version but ended up with broken paths, which I thought I might have fixed but the sim just went "Off with you, you cheeky Aussie!"
Thanks
Dfer
dgionet
Hi Damo,

Glad to hear from you there.

The BNSF Seligman includes some changes to the track database (TDB) of the ATSF Seligman including changes to the signalling. This is maybe the reason behind the broken paths. Any changes to the TDB may render the paths unusable. This is why the pack requires the ATSF Seligman 2 route to use the BNSF pack. Unfortunately I dont have the BNSF pack to create an update to the ATSF Seligman route template. If I get it one day, I may consider updating one for the BNSF Seligman 2.

Cheers

Denis
jrmeindl
I took a look at Denis' paths from the ATSF Seligman after placing them in the BNSF route. There are quite a few spots where the track has changed, so that is why they are coming up broken. Just taking a very quick look, the reason most are broken are due to the removal of some old mainline crossovers and the addition of some new ones. They can be either fixed or created again in a few hours work. As for just dropping in the templates, that will take some more testing and editing. It is possible to do with some time. The route would have to be checked for any other sidings that might have been added or removed.

Jim
qr4000
Hi Denis and Jim,
Thanks so much for your replies. I'm really enjoying the BNSF route with its updated scenery and rollingstock. I'll standby to standby to see if a template is possible.
Regards,
Damo
jrmeindl
If all goes well, I should be forwarding a template, for SLI's BNSF Seligman Sub, off to Steve before the weekend. Denis was kind enough to allow me to rework his ATSF Seligman templates for this route. I personally liked the way Denis set up his templates and felt they would work well for the BNSF version. The basic layout is the same on both routes. However, the mainline crossovers are a bit different on both routes. With that said, I had to modify the Local paths a bit to fit the crossover locations. I've done some extensive testing and feel confident that everyone will enjoy the route and templates.

Cheers,

Jim
burgerbern
noticed a problem today when i downloaded both the ATSF V2 and the BNSF V2 templates both of them have the same zip filename IE: Seligman 2 Template.zip because of this one tries to overwrite the other or it is downloaded with a 1 added to the name. of course this also makes it slightly difficault later to work out which is which when coming to install.

would it be easier for users if both were renamed to ATSF_Seligman 2 Template.zip & BNSF_Seligman 2 Template.zip
dgionet
Hi Bernard,

Glad to hear from you here in the forum. Hope you are well and are enjoying use of AG and the available templates.

I believe Jim's template has been done for those who have upgraded from the ATSF to the BNSF Seligman and not as a stand alone product. In such case, the BNSF Seligman template files must overwrite the ones that I have done for the Seligman ATSF files. Unfortunately, I don't have the BNSF Seligman route and am not 100% sure of the answer given here.

Jim would be best to reply to the question

All the best
jrmeindl
QUOTE(burgerbern @ Apr 24 2013, 06:02 AM) *
noticed a problem today when i downloaded both the ATSF V2 and the BNSF V2 templates both of them have the same zip filename IE: Seligman 2 Template.zip because of this one tries to overwrite the other or it is downloaded with a 1 added to the name. of course this also makes it slightly difficault later to work out which is which when coming to install.

would it be easier for users if both were renamed to ATSF_Seligman 2 Template.zip & BNSF_Seligman 2 Template.zip

I never did check the download after it was sent to Steve. The name given was different since the file was for the BNSF version. It should have been 'BNSF_Seligman2_template'. I took a look at the download page and noticed the download is the same file for both versions. There was some confusion when I first set the files to Steve, so it's possible the wrong file is referenced. I'll send him an email along with the file again. In the meantime, if anyone wants the file, just PM your email address to me and I can send it.

Jim
qr4000
QUOTE(jrmeindl @ Apr 28 2013, 11:08 AM) *
I never did check the download after it was sent to Steve. The name given was different since the file was for the BNSF version. It should have been 'BNSF_Seligman2_template'. I took a look at the download page and noticed the download is the same file for both versions. There was some confusion when I first set the files to Steve, so it's possible the wrong file is referenced. I'll send him an email along with the file again. In the meantime, if anyone wants the file, just PM your email address to me and I can send it.

Jim

Hi Jim,
Have you had any updates on the BNSF Seligman2 Template please? I would really like to run a heap more activities than those that came with the route. Thank you.

Cheers
Damo
jrmeindl
QUOTE(qr4000 @ Jun 16 2013, 04:03 AM) *
Hi Jim,
Have you had any updates on the BNSF Seligman2 Template please? I would really like to run a heap more activities than those that came with the route. Thank you.

Cheers
Damo

Hi Damo,

I did resend the file to Steve, but I don't think it was corrected. I sent you a PM with regards to the file

Jim
nzloco
QUOTE(jrmeindl @ Jun 16 2013, 07:32 AM) *
Hi Damo,

I did resend the file to Steve, but I don't think it was corrected. I sent you a PM with regards to the file

Jim

Jim,
Any chance you can send me the BNSF Seligman template ? I noticed that Steve has not updated the download yet.

Kind Regards

Julian

Edit: Have sent you a PM
jrmeindl
QUOTE(nzloco @ Jun 30 2013, 02:14 AM) *
Jim,
Any chance you can send me the BNSF Seligman template ? I noticed that Steve has not updated the download yet.

Kind Regards

Julian

Edit: Have sent you a PM

Julian,

Check your PM's. The email address is being returned.

Jim
nzloco
QUOTE(jrmeindl @ Jun 30 2013, 08:07 AM) *
Julian,

Check your PM's. The email address is being returned.

Jim

Sent you a PM Jim, looks like a typo in my e-mail address, sorry about that. Need glasses
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.