Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: AG exits with note.
Skyline User's Forum > > Activity Generator
prr4ever
Recently when I build an activity and then select it to be generated I get this pop up. "Missing File: Preamble.dat". I reinstalled the template from the zip, same error. This occurs on at least two routes. I have not tried any others yet. In the years I have been using AG this error has never appeared before.
dgionet
Hello prr4ever,

The file preamble.dat must be present in the SwitchlistGenerator folder and the only text present in the file is the following:

SIMISA@@@@@@@@@@JINX0a0t______ (the underlines are included)

Hope this helps

Denis

sgdavis
QUOTE(dgionet @ Jul 7 2015, 06:34 PM) *
Hello prr4ever,

The file preamble.dat must be present in the SwitchlistGenerator folder and the only text present in the file is the following:

SIMISA@@@@@@@@@@JINX0a0t______ (the underlines are included)

Hope this helps

Denis

You should be able to find that in a folder on your PC if you installed Activity Generator correctly. Just go to your root directory/folder (i.e., C:\) then do a search for preamble.dat, you'll find at least one copy of that. Make sure there is also a copy in the folder you are running Activity Generator from.

Best,

Steve

prr4ever
QUOTE(sgdavis @ Jul 8 2015, 09:35 AM) *
You should be able to find that in a folder on your PC if you installed Activity Generator correctly. Just go to your root directory/folder (i.e., C:\) then do a search for preamble.dat, you'll find at least one copy of that. Make sure there is also a copy in the folder you are running Activity Generator from.

Best,

Steve

Thanks guys! Sorry to be so late answering. I got tied u with other parts of my life for a while sad.gif
prr4ever
QUOTE(prr4ever @ Jul 16 2015, 10:01 AM) *
Thanks guys! Sorry to be so late answering. I got tied u with other parts of my life for a while sad.gif

Okay, that worked .

I recently set up a rebuilt system with a new C: drive. My original C drive from the dead computer I installed in the new one as E: drive. E: has all my previous programs and data on it. I installed AG on the new C: leaving the old one on E: For some reason the new install was missing the preamble.dat folder. So, for the moment, I put the desktop icon to reference the exe on E drive and all works well. (The one on E does have the preamble.dat in it.) As soon as I get the time I will do it right... Meanwhile it now works fine.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.